Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Monday, May 02, 2011

The Ultimate Get-a-Clue Freelance Request for the Week of May 2, 2011

This week's Middle Finger Award comes from a high school pal of mine and fellow freelance writer/editor, Melissa.


Project Description: News Writer Needed

Specific Project Request: Hello,

I run several news websites and I am in need of a writer. This work can be done from home.

I need a writer that can provide 5-10 news articles per day that are about 200 words each.

** Most of these news articles will be business related in nature**

Each article must meet these requirements:
* 200 or more words
* Most of these articles will be rewrites but must pass copyscape
* No Spelling or grammar mistakes
* I will need the articles as early as possible in the day (before noon would be great)

I will pay $2 per 200 word news article - So if you did 10 per day - I would pay $20 per day

I need a writer that can provide a minimum of 5 articles per day.

If you are interested in this job please respond to this ad. I will explain more to people that respond.

Thanks John



So here we have the oh-so-typical one cent (or less) per word content rate with the usual laundry list of requirements. But this one has the added bonus of an "early as possible" daily deadline. As I told Melissa, "Oh boy! Just what I want to do is get up at 6:00 in the morning to earn $20 a day. Yippee!" And Screw THAT indeed!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At May 3, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Anonymous Wendy said...

I can see how professional these "news" websites are, since one of the requirements states, "Most of these articles will be rewrites but must pass copyscape" Rewrites are thrilling enough, but passing copyscape had me rolling on the floor with laughter.

I'm a little disappointed, where are the exclamation marks, all caps and claims to fame with exposure?

 
At May 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Blogger Star Lawrence said...

Ptui!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Anonymous EP said...

$2 for a 200 word article, what a steal! But who is doing the stealing?

 
At May 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Anonymous Debra Stang said...

Gee, that one is really tempting, but I think I'll have to give it a pass. By the way, I made a huge decision today, and I just have to share: I've decided that in one year, I'm going to quit my day job and go fulltime freelance. I'm scared to death, but at the same time, it's been ages since I've been so excited and enthusiastic about anything. Wish me luck!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Blogger Irreverent Freelancer said...

Lots of luck your way, Debra! You might be surprised to hear this, but I actually think now is a fairly good time to be going freelance. I'm noticing some positive trends that I haven't seen in several years.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Blogger Voodoo Rue said...

I actually did give this posting a middle finger when I read it. Yes, I know they can't see me, but it just needed to be done.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Blogger Irreverent Freelancer said...

I can definitely see you doing that, Voodoo Rue ... that's the important thing. ;o)

 
At September 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Blogger NDEG said...

Hey I've been reading your stuff for awhile now, and I am really enjoying it. I'd appreciate it very much if you checked out mine too!
http://www.ndeg.me/

Thanks, Nate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home